Go Camper is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and their personal information. Our Privacy Statement sets out how we collect, use, protect and store your personal information and other information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in that Act, which regulate the way that certain entities handle personal information.
1. The kind of information we collect and hold
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), occupation, driver’s licence number and financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers). This is not an exhaustive list.
You might also need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorised representatives, extra nominated drivers, etc). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this statement.
2. How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- a) directly from you (e.g. you provide information to us when you visit our premises or website, complete an application form/ agreement for one of our products, or contact us with a query);
- b) from third parties such as our related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives;
- c) from publicly available sources of information or when we are legally authorised or required to do so.
If you choose not to provide to us certain information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services that you require.
3. How we hold your information
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorized disclosures. While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
4. How we use your information
We collect, use and exchange your information so that we can:
- a) establish your identity;
- b) consider your request for a product or service;
- c) provide a product or service;
- d) conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience;
- e) to tell you about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- f) manage our relationship with you;
- g) to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against us and/or to manage any legal action between you and us;
- h) to comply with any relevant laws, regulations, or codes of practice.
Generally we will notify you why we are collecting information when we collect it and how we plan to use it if not obvious at time of collection. We only collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with our products and services
5. How we use your information for Direct Marketing
We may also use your information so that we can promote and market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you. This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways and may continue after you have received products or services from us. We will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive further communications or marketing material from us whenever we contact you.
6. How to access or correct your personal information
It is important that we have your correct details. You can update your information by contacting us (using the contact details set out in the ‘How to contact us’ section of this document). If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us so that we can consider and respond to your request. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access to such information.
There is no fee for making the initial request but in some cases we may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to a request. In certain circumstances we’re allowed to deny your request, or limit the access we provide. If that is the case, we’ll write to you explaining why you cannot access the requested information.
7. How to make a complaint
You may use the contact details in our ‘How to contact us’ section of this document, to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have, if you’re not satisfied with our handling of your matter, you can refer your complaint to external dispute resolution. We suggest you do this only once you’ve first followed our internal complaint processes set out above. You may be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
8. Website Privacy & Security Policy
When you access this website our Internet Service Provider may collect information about you. If you provide Personal Information to us through the website, we will use that information in accordance with our Privacy Statement. We also analyse non-identifiable website traffic data to improve our services.
If you email us we will record that email address. This address will only be used for the purpose for which you provided it and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We may preserve the content of any email if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so. Please note despite the security measures we take, we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is secure.
Data transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us and you submit the information at your own risk. Once we receive the information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the information in our systems according to our Privacy Statement.
Our website makes use of the following third party services:
- a) Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine Application use, to prepare reports on an Application’s activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. The data collected includes Cookie, Browsing and usage Data.
- b) Social Networks – These services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the Application’s pages. The interaction and information obtained by this Application are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. If a service enabling interaction with social networks is installed it may still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
- c) Facebook – The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook Inc. The data collected includes Cookie, Browsing and usage Data.
- d) Twitter – The Twitter Tweet button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Twitter social network provided by Twitter Inc. The data collected includes Cookie, Browsing and usage Data.
As you browse our website, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in.
You accept that your use of this website indicates your acceptance of this Website Privacy and Security Policy and our Privacy Statement. This site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites that you may visit through our site.
9. How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to this document or our management of your information, please let us know by contacting us by the following:
Post: 15 Crompton Road, Rockingham Western Australia 6168
Phone: +61 8 9592 3117
10. Changes to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Statement. A revised Privacy Statement will only apply to data collected subsequent to its effective date. This Privacy Statement was last amended in December 2019.